Geelong is today mourning the passing of dual premiership player Terry Fulton, and will wear black arm bands on Saturday night against Carlton in his honour.
Fulton played 51 matches between 1949 and 1954, where he formed a lethal partnership off the wing with the legendary Bob Davis and played a key role in the Cats’ back-to-back flags in 1951-52.
Recruited from East Geelong, Fulton was known for his tenacity, his exceptional use of the ball by hand and foot, and his lightning quick speed.
In 1955 he went on to captain and coach Geelong West and success would almost immediately follow, with premierships in the 1956, 1957, 1958 and 1959 seasons.
Fulton would eventually return to Kardinia Park in a variety of capacities; including as a member and eventual president of the club’s Past Players and Officials Association, where he had a major impact over a long period, including opening the first official Past Player Rooms in 2006.
Throughout the 1980s Fulton was a constant around Kardinia Park, as vice president of the GFC General Committee, a member of Match Committee during the 1984/85 seasons, the History and Tradition Committee, and will be fondly remembered by many as the Home of the Cats official tour guide.
He was made a life member of the club in 2001.
A big character with a long and dedicated association with the Geelong Football Club, he will be missed by many.