Are you the next Benny the Bull, Phillies Phanatic or Stuff the Magic Dragon?
The Geelong Cats have two exciting opportunities for energetic performers to help drive fan engagement levels and match day entertainment.
The Geelong Cats mascots play the all-important role of engaging our huge crowds and entertaining our youngest fans with great dance moves, acrobatic skills, a friendly attitude and high energy, all whilst having fun on match day!
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest via email addressed to Caroline Rudd, People and Culture Manager email@example.com.
Email must include name, contact phone number and your preferred audition time.
Applications close 17 March 2020. Interviews will take place as an audition. Only those applicants selected for audition will be contacted.
Auditions will be held on Wednesday 18 March at GMHBA Stadium.
Time options are 1pm – 3pm or 6pm – 8pm.
At the audition you will be required to learn a short routine to perform in front of an audition panel. Please wear clothing and footwear suitable to perform a dance routine and acrobatic skills/demonstration.
You will be required to bring a current headshot and CV to the audition. Successful applicants will receive an email with full audition details, including exact location.
Suitable applicants must be over 18 years of age as of 1 January 2020 and be able to wear a full body mascot costume with head covered. The costume is pre-made so there will be limitations to sizing. Due to pre-made costume limitations and sizing – required size of applicants: S-L (Men’s sizing) or 10-12 (Women’s sizing equivalent) and 162-182cm tall.
Skills and experience
- Strong performance ability and dance skills
- Intermediate gymnastic/stunt skills
- Love working with large crowds and children
- Punctual and reliable
- Working with Children Check and Police check is required
- Alignment to Club values
- Availability to attend all 2020 Geelong Cats home games for approximately 2 hours - Sunday 29 March from 12.10pm; Monday 13 April from 2.20pm; Sunday 19 April from 3.40pm; Saturday 2 May from 6.25pm; Saturday 9 May from 3.35pm; Saturday 30 May from 12.45pm; Friday 3 July from 6.50pm; Saturday 25 July from 3.35pm; Saturday 1 August from 3.35pm; Friday 7 August from 6.20pm; TBC - Saturday /Sunday August 23/24